Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I was Wondering about my studies

I was wondering that from where should I start, it is really difficult to remember the slightest informations about my past and the reason is my poor memory.
Ok I am going to start from my childhood days when I was a good student, I said good ??

It was all due to my mothers love that I was able to pass my classes somehow with satisfactory percentage.I was fractious and my mother used to beat me for not studying but still she got the same result I think it is in my mind that studying can not improve life.When I was too young abut two and half years of age I used to live in a small Villages place called Degana and there was no English medium school nearby, so I have to go to school named "Saraswati vidyalaya" (goddess of knowledge school) i studied 3 classes there, This school was under RSS property so there they used to give Hindu spiritual values and education, I learned many prayers and used to sing them before my daily meal. There was a nearby Temple where I usually used to go.Being a Sikh boy I never realized what religion I belonged too, I considered myself as Hindu boy. After all I was just 3 and half years old.This was the time when my Aunt(father's sister) died and my father had to take care of their 3 children.They lived in Ganganagar (it was 12 hrs from degana) so due to this my studies badly effected I merely used to study in school and my mother also was not able to concentrate on me until it was my exam time, when I was unprepared and almost on the verge of failure, at that time momma appointed a special tutor for me and also she helped me in studies, Somehow I got passed that year but still the problem was the same we constantly have to visit Ganganagar, though my grandpa lived there but still we kept on visiting , meanwhile my father got promoted and transferred to Raisinghnagar it was nearby place to Ganganagar.Now though every thing became easy but again my studies suffered now there was an English medium school named "Evergreen public school", the authorities agreed to admit me with a condition that I have to repeat my second class(second grade) again because I was from Hindi medium, I faced enormous difficulties in this school because I was from Hindi medium and EPS was school by South Indians who don't know a single word in Hindi. My mother still not gave up, she helped me to learn English and grasp new things, but school teachers and principal were real cruel people they just started beating me at everything. I was poor at English(and I still am) but slowly and slowly I adjusted their in my third class My result was exceptional and I got third rank in the class of 14 students that was something big for me. But this was just the beginning and soon ended when my father again got transferred to Ganganagar. Now once again I was forced to adapt to a very different environment with new teasing classmates and ruthless teachers.I was admitted in class 4th and I was weak at every thing nothing seemed to be working, I got a new subject to study named "social studies" this was really difficult for me.The lady teacher, if I am not wrong her name was "Ms Manpreet" taught us this subject,I never completed her home work and this was the reason she once gave me the worst punishment of my life she said me come in front of the class and to stand straight and then take my pants off, I was so innocent that I was frightened and got no other option so did this in front of the class, jam packed 41 students including girls gazing at me as if I was doing strip ties then this cruel lady teacher said every one to sing a song "shame shame puppy shame,tell me puppy whats your name". God, I can never forget that day..... I don't know how I got passed that year, Again thanks to my sweet mummy.

The fifth class :- this was the time when I really realized that I have to do something to survive here, I started studying and completed my homework at time and finally I got my all time best 84% every one was amazed with my results.Every thing was against me but still I managed to do something.But again 6 th and 7th class were pretty ordinary though I was able to pass them comfortably but I was not comfortable at school, Even i didn't liked to go to school.

In 6th class I met a Girl named HANIFI SINGLA , she used to go in the same bus which
dropped me home.She was in my class and was good ranker, I used to share a lot with her and then slowly slowly I got adjusted in this school.But fate had something else to decide ....Father got transfered ed again .......[continued in next post]

PS: thanx Rohit for the errata

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi puneet bhaiya,

As u hav written in your blog that u r not good at english and wanted others to rectify u .so where you have written( Ms Manpreet" thought us ) it should be Ms Manpreet taught us..)the spelling is wrong ?

I hav read about ur life on ur blog ..I liked ur story and it is really interesting.I enjoyed reading it.

thanks 4 sharing!
hope to read more about your interesting life